Friday, December 4, 2009

Google Wave

At first I thought that google wave would be nothing more then any number of search engines online with a fresher look. Google has always dominated the field as far as search engines are concerned. And in light of microsoft's recent release of their new search engine "bing", it is quite clear that google wanted no chance of being threatened.
After looking through Google wave and understanding the numerous ways in which it can be very benficial, we as the users are able to see how significant of an online tool it can be. It brings together all of Google's tools and abilities in one place, in order to create the easiest and user friendly software for the user. One way I feel google wave works for the user is through its email. It allows the user to send and receive emails with others pretty much like an instant messenger conversation. This proves to be quite convenient when looking for old emails and not having to scroll through old ones forever. Also, u can invite others to join the email conversation almost like a chat room, as well as decide what material they may or may not see. Other than this, the user is able to add documents and edit any information sent.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know. I'm still pretty skeptical about the whole thing. Sure, having all of Google's benefits in one place is a great powerhouse tool for us but at the same point, it's exactly the same thing for Google. Makes me nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. google wave seems so interesting. I wish I was as cool enough as you to get an invitation (def not a first for me)...guess I'll just keep crossing my fingers in hopes of being able to join!

    ReplyDelete